Thursday 3 April 2014

Max Hale Inspires at the Gallery

Max Hale came to demonstrate his cobra water mixable oils last Saturday here at Studio 61 Gallery and you could say all were most inspired so much so that gallery owner Karina has ordered a set and will be painting in them very soon! Below is the wonderful painting created by Max on the day with a quote from him on how he thought it went. We know it went well as we had visitors from all over the UK who came especially to watch him.
 'Paper chains' painted in Cobra water-mixable oils, on canvas size 40 x 50cm 
'I was looking forward to doing my oil demonstration at Studio 61 Gallery and launching my period as guest artist there. Karina Goodman made us so welcome that working in the Gallery was more like painting for friends rather than potential customers or artists. I planned a cosy painting of two children with an adult having a craft day all round a kitchen table. I wanted to depict an intimate scene painted using a limited warm palette. In normal circumstances the painting would have taken several sessions so I was pleased that I completed as much as I did in the time available. It was a very pleasant and fun day with painting interspersed by friendly banter, questions about my style and the materials I used. I am sure that from the feedback I received that all that attended had a good time and learned a few tips on using oils.' Max Hale.
Take a look at the photos below and you can still come to the gallery and view his work for yourself as we have an exhibition of his work on till the end of April.











The gallery is open Tuesday to Saturday with light refreshments available.