Sunday 27 November 2016

First blog from new Studio 61

After a manic few months Studio 61 has now moved to a woodland hideaway after being open to the public for 11 happy years.  It's from here that I am writing my first blog still accompanied by Bruno the gallery dog who loves his new surroundings and the freedom that comes with it


It was a hard decision to make but with increasing commissions and a new book illustration  (not my book) I was really struggling with time, or lack of it, trying to run the gallery, manage all the makers and do my own work so a retreat in the woods was offered and I jumped at it.

I know some of you are dying to visit but sadly there's no public access but with the magic of social media, my newsletters and my new found freedom I'm sure I'll be keeping in touch with all my lovely customers who I now regard as friends.  Plus I am now mobile for giclee printing customers and home visits (& coffee shop meet ups!) can be arranged to discuss commissions, book illustration or I can bring a selection of paintings to try in your own home

I'm still unpacking boxes and sorting but here's a sneaky peek




Already I have lots planned for 2017 and new doors are opening so I'm not disappearing off the face of the planet.  In fact my diary is getting full right up to Christmas 2017

Plans for 2017 include 

- March Exhibition (painting new ones)
-new role as Derbyshire RSC (Regional Society Corordinator) for The SAA    (Society for all Artists)
- a new Art Group 
- On the Road in Stan
- Networking at Galleries
- June Fresh and Unframed
- and more events and exhibitions by www.purpleandgrey.co.uk 
(I'm Purple if you didn't know!)

I'm looking forward to getting my studio organised so I can start on my last commissions this year.  

Being surrounded by trees I already feel my work will change and ideas are  buzzing around my head.  I will still be working to commission, no matter how big or small so please shout up as I love doing these karinagoodman@btinternet.com   


I'll update you with more pics once I've emptied more boxes and keep you posted on my thoughts and ideas for new work

Take care and catch up soon

Karina xxxx
& Bruno of course x

ps please sign up for my newsletter if not already done so thanks 









.